Résumé: Jack Adams, ASID
Senior Interior Designer /
Creative Design Professional
offers experience of owning and directing a world-class Interior
and Architectural Design firm (listed for three consecutive years in Interior
Design Magazine’s Top 100 Giants annual survey). An imaginist who lives
and breathes design.
Brings a proven ability to effectively create and coordinate Interior Design and interface with Architects, Engineers, Realtors, and Developers. A Design Director capable of balancing the demands of creativity with the reality of time, budget, and marketability, to optimize the success of your firm.
A rare blend - A true artist and disciplined businessman with a wealth of experience and a diverse background. A seasoned professional who guides and protects the considerable investment of an Interior Design commission with confidence and authority and further making the process one that you will look back on with pride and pleasure.
Hotels & Resorts
Design and Specification for 12 hotels (including rooms, public areas, restaurants, uniforms, menu graphics and identity logos)
Condominium Residential High-Rises
Design of unit floor plans and space planning of seven buildings. (Décor and furnishing of all public areas, elevators, lobbies and function areas)
Restaurants & Lounges
Design and Specification of FF&E for 24 restaurants (including table-top, theme, uniforms, menus, and identity graphics)
Retail Stores, Boutiques, and Galleries
Design and fixturization of 26 stores and galleries (including image marketing, theme definition, custom display fixtures, theatrical lighting effects)
Design, space-planning, furnishings, and open office lighting for more than twenty offices of various uses.
Residences and Homes
Design and furnishing of more than 50 homes, including
high-rise apartments and the complete architectural design of many
free-standing homes and compounds.
- 2007 Contract Project – Ismael Leyva Architects – New York, New York
- Director of Interior Design. Lead the office in a competition for Rosewood Hotel Dubai, reorganized and streamlined their Interior Design Department. Provided design schemes and direction for interior design and detailing of three major high-rise condominiums to be built in Manhattan.
- 2006 Contract Project – Smallwood, Reynolds, Stewart, Stewart – Singapore
- Director of Interior Design. Won the competition for Conrad Hotel Dubai for the firm and consolidated their effort in establishing an Interior Design presence in the Middle East and Asia.
- 2006 Contract Project – Builders Design – Gaithersburg, Maryland
- Consultation to refocus their design excellence and make a more efficient operation. Builders Design is the largest producer of model homes for homebuilders in the United States.
- 2005 Contract Project - Robert Zimmer Associates – Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Consult to provide refurbishing and renovation of the Pierre Hotel, NYC. Complete Plan and Presentation.
- 2005 Contract Project – KEO – Doha & Dubai, Arabia
- Hospitality/Commercial/Retail/Residential (Small Cities) design for the Palm (Dubai) and the Pearl (Doha) off shore developments. Branding design of the “Global Village” in Doha. An “Epcot Center” master plan.
- 2004 Contract Project – Hirsh Bedner Associates – Beijing, China
- Director of Projects/Senior Interior Designer for a new casino in China)
- 1977 – 2004 Owner / Design Director – Adams Design – Honolulu, Hawaii
- Commercial and residential design firm
- 1976 - 1977 Designer / Marketing Director – Dale Keller Associates – Honolulu, Hawaii
- International hospitality design firm
- 1974 – 1976 Director of Interior Design – Media 5 Architects – Honolulu, Hawaii
- International architectural firm
- 1971 – 1974 Designer / Project Manager – Richard Crowell Associates – Honolulu, Hawaii
- Hotel design group
- 1963 – 1968 Captain – U.S. Army Intelligence
- General Staff, Strategic Research and Analysis)
Education / Studies
- Bachelor of Arts & Sciences 1963 – U.S.M.A. – West Point, New York
- Double major, humanities and engineering)
- Bachelor of Environmental and Industrial Arts 1971 – Art Center College of Design – Pasadena, California
- Graduated cum laude
- Postgraduate Studies
- American University, Washington, D.C. (Foreign Affairs)
Corcoran Gallery, Washington, D.C. (Fine Art)
University of Hawaii (Fine Art)
Honolulu Academy of Arts (Fine Art)
- Adjunct Professor Chaminade – University of Hawaii – Honolulu, Hawaii
- Period design, furniture design, architectural design, space planning, and rendering
- Adjunct Professor – Fashion Institute of Technology – New York, New York
- Designs featured in:
- Interior Design
- Listed in Who’s Who
- Listed in Interiors annual survey “The Top 100 Giants” (four consecutive years)